The Aurora Schools Foundation annually awards several scholarships to graduating Seniors of Aurora High School, Aurora, OH. These scholarships are funded by a combination of ongoing endowment funds, annually budgeted allocations approved by the Board of Trustees, outright contributions for one-time or multi-year scholarships or long- term investment vehicles that provide scholarships in perpetuity. Our scholarship recipients are selected by an ASF Scholarship Committee.
Students wishing to be considered for Aurora Schools Foundation scholarships, including the Sonal Sanghani Diversity Scholarship, must submit an application form and other selection criteria such as a topical essay.
Each Spring, the application materials and instructions for submitting them may be secured from the A.H.S. Guidance Office and on the school’s Naviance website.
We currently provide the following scholarships on an annual basis:
- Two Aurora Schools Foundation Scholarships
- The City of Aurora Bicentennial Scholarship
- The Linda Allenspach Scholarship
- The Sonal Sanghani Diversity Scholarship
Aurora Schools Foundation scholarships are awarded in accordance with the guidelines in the ASF Code of Regulations section regarding Scholarships which establishes the following parameters:
- The student who may never receive recognition but is the one that can be depended upon to follow through with his/her commitments – the “Invisible Student”
- The student who is well rounded, meets his/her potential, is involved in one or more sports or is active in one or more community/school activities
- A graduating senior of Aurora High School
- Plans to continue his/her education at a college or any institution of higher education
- Is of good moral character
- Is actively involved in the community or in organized activities at Aurora High School
- The student that works for and meets his/her potential
Financial need can be a determining factor, but is not necessarily a deciding factor.
If you are passionate about the Aurora Public Schools and would like to use your talent to help students achieve lifelong success, we invite you to volunteer for a board position. Please contact the Foundation office if you would like to learn more about our board.
We have a variety of programs to support teachers and help students succeed. You can make a difference by getting involved.