The Aurora Schools Foundation recently approved $4,000 in grants for five teachers’ requests for various enhancement programs in the schools. The grants were awarded to:
- Lauren McMahon, Harmon, for math sharing technology.
- Jodi Roscoe and Kim Albrecht, Craddock, for a summer slide safety net program for first- and second-graders.
- Lisa Leone, Craddock, for math assessment and diagnostic materials for first-grade math intervention.
- Keri Stoyle, Leighton, for additional project-based mathematical technology for 21st century written math expression.
- Lois Schroeder-Girbino, Leighton, for a special mural wall project called “Celebrating Community”.
The grants were part of a program made available by the foundation in early January where any Aurora schools staff member could apply for grant funding to initiate special enhancement programs for students, according to Gary Brookhart, past president of the foundation and currently Chair of the Grants Committee.
The foundation also annually awards four $2,000 checks to the schools – one each to the high school, Harmon and Leighton, plus to either Craddock or Miller – for disbursement at their discretion for special programs.