Aurora Schools Foundation recently approved over $5,000 in grants during this semester for Aurora Schools teachers. These grants included:
- A one-day Language Arts Festival at Harmon Middle School with bestselling author Terrie Libenson, who will present on the writing process and conduct a live drawing engagement.
- STEM Kits for preschool students at Miller Elementary School. The STEM Kits will help integrate STEM activities into all curriculum areas.
- Reading material for 10th graders at Aurora High School.
- Multicultural literature for 9th graders at the Aurora High School, which will create a Multicultural Book Unit for students to learn more about cultures and social issues.
- A new Buzzer System for Harmon Middle School’s Quiz Bowl Team to compete with area schools.
- A set of 3Doodlers for Leighton Elementary School. 3Doodlers act as an introduction to 3D printing and design activities.
- A Special Education Library at Leighton Elementary School for 3rd-5th graders that will address the high interest, low level books that accommodate special education students.
Since you’re here …
Would you like to help impact the lives of Aurora City Schools’ students? The Aurora Schools Foundation exists to enhance the educational experience of Aurora City Schools. You or your corporation can make a donation, in any amount, directly to ASF and help students in your community! Click here to donate and help support projects like this for Aurora Students in the future!